Last Updated: December 30, 2021
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
4. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
9. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
10. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
11. OTHER PROVISIONS
12. CONTACT US
The categories of personal information we collect, with your consent, depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. For example, we may collect different information depending on whether you are a user of the Services or a visitor of the website.
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
• User Account Creation: During signup, we may collect your fitness goals, activity level and profile information such as name, email address, dietary preferences, phone number, date of birth, gender, information about your exercise habits and goals, and coach preference. If you purchase our Services, we will also collect your shipping address and payment information, as well as information about your exercise habits and goals.
• Use of the Services: When you use the Services, we may also ask you to provide a profile photo, date of birth, gender, health, activity and device information (see below) and other demographic data. Some features also collect health, motion and other fitness information, including, for example, rep count. Any communication you have with your coach via the app, including via text, images, and videos that may contain health information related to you or your family, will also be collected and stored if you have provided your consent to do so within the Future app. You also provide us with access to your calendar to schedule coaching sessions.
• Purchases. We may collect personal information and details associated with your purchases, including payment information. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but it may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
• Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter or loyalty program, request customer or technical support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
• Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
• Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., social media pages). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (referred to herein as “User Content”) will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
• Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
• Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
• Automatic Data Collection Through Our Services. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
• Automatic Data Collection Through Connected Devices. We collect information from the devices and apps you connect to our Services and information from these devices and apps will be passed along to us. For example, you may connect your Apple Watch, iPhone or Apple Health account. Additionally, health information may be collected and/or inferred, including heart rate, body fat percentage, steps, exercise minutes, height and weight, or other indicators. Before you can upload health information from Apple HealthKit to us, you must give your consent to the processing of that health information. You can withdraw your consent at any time by updating the preferences on your devices.
• Location Information. When your device settings allow us to do so, we may collect your precise location information to provide you with enhanced Services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you can change the settings on your device.
o Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
o Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
• Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
Referrals and Sharing Features. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities that allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral service; third parties may also use these services to upload information about you. Our referral services may also allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend, neighbor, or co-worker).
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
We use your information to fulfil our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
• Managing your information and accounts;
• Responding to your questions, comments, and other requests;
• Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
• Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
• Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
• Processing applications and transactions;
• Answering your requests for customer or technical support; and
• Allowing you to register for events.
We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
• Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
• Conducting research and development;
• Developing new products and Services;
• Ensuring internal quality control;
• Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
• Detecting bugs or other software issues;
• Preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
• Enforcing our Terms; and
• To comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
We may use your health, motion, and/or fitness information only for the purposes of improving health management or health research, and we will do so only with your express consent. Please note that we will not disclose this data for marketing and/or advertising purposes.
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
• Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
• De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use your personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, de-identified health information, de-identified information about your use of the connected medical device, information about the device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and we may use and disclose such information in a number of ways, including the development of future learnings, research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
• Share Content with Users. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to challenge another user via the Challenges function. When you would like to issue a challenge to another user, we will collect the user’s name, email and/or phone number in order to issue such challenge.
We disclose your information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information are described below.
• Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
• Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business and co-branding partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business and co-branding partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
• Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates for our administrative purposes, including activities such as IT management, for them to provide services to you or support and supplement the Services we provide.
• Healthcare Providers. We do not currently share your personal information with your Healthcare Provider. However, we may offer this functionality in the future, and will only do so with your express written consent.
• Other Users/Website Visitors. As described above in “Personal Information We Collect,” our Services allow you to share User Content publicly, including to those who do not use our Services.
• Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising partners. These third-party advertising partners may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Services to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.”
• APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
• Text Messages. You may opt out of receiving text messages from us by following the instructions in the text message you have received from us or by otherwise contacting us.
• Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may opt out from receiving these push notifications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location-based information via our mobile application. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
• “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
• Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information;
• Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
• Request Deletion, Anonymization or Blocking of your personal information when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive or noncompliant;
• Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information when processing is noncompliant;
• Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Service may not be available;
• Request data portability and receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us;
• Be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared; and
• Request the review of decisions taken exclusively based on automated processing if that could affect data subject rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
This Supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to our processing of personal information that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information Future has collected about them and whether Future disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding 12 months. California residents can find this information below:
Category of Personal Information Collected by Future
Category of Third Parties Information is Disclosed to for a Business Purpose
A real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age (40 years or older), medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Physiological, biological, or behavioral, characteristics (including DNA) that can be used to establish individual identity, and rhythms, gait patterns, or rhythms, and sleep, health or exercise data that contain identifying information.
Internet or other electronic network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
Physical location or movements.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Professional or employment-related information
Current or past job history.
Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer
Profile reflecting a consumer's characteristics, psychological trends, behavior, abilities, and aptitudes.
The categories of sources from which we collect personal information and our business and commercial purposes for using personal information are set forth in “Personal Information We Collect” and “How We Use Your Personal Information” above, respectively.
“Sales” of Personal Information under the CCPA
For purposes of the CCPA, Future does not “sell” personal information, nor do we have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Future does not have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below and provide written authorization signed by you and your designated agent.
Verification. To protect your privacy, we will take the following steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include asking you to answer questions regarding your account and use of our Services.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
California Shine the Light. The California “Shine the Light” law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties.
Right for minors to remove posted content. Where required by law, California residents under the age of 18 may request to have their posted content or information removed from the publicly-viewable portions of the Services by contacting us directly as set forth in Contact Us below.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children, except where we have parent’s verifiable consent.
If you are a parent or guardian and wish to review information collected from your child, or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account if applicable.
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
548 Market St
San Francisco, California 94104-5401 USA